What is QuickBooks Error 16638 85757
QuickBooks is efficient and effective accounting software that keeps an accurate set of books. You can easily integrate with third-party applications that can be very helpful for your business. But sometimes, the software can run into some technical errors due to various reasons. QuickBooks Error 16638 85757 is one such error that generally occurs during opening a damaged or corrupted company file. The error can also occur when you try to use online banking services within QuickBooks Desktop. This error can only occur in the older than QuickBooks 2016 and it indicates that you need to upgrade your QuickBooks to the latest release.
This article will help you in resolving the error code 16638 85757 in QuickBooks. You can also contact our support team by dialing the QuickBooks Enterprise Support Phone Number to get instant solutions for your issues.
Causes Of QuickBooks Error 16638 85757
- QuickBooks company files gets corrupted
- You are trying to open the company file on a network rather than a local drive on your system.
- QuickBooks software identified some issues while accessing the file using online banking.
- Some internal system errors
Resolve QuickBooks Error 16638 85757
The error code 16638 85757 in QuickBooks only occurs in the older version of QuickBooks. Because this error was resolved in the later versions of QuickBooks. If you are also facing the issue then you can try to upgrade QuickBooks to the latest release. If you don’t want to update your QuickBooks right now then you need to follow the below-mentioned steps in order to resolve QuickBooks Error 16638 85757:
- Try to open the QuickBooks company file which is having the error.
- Check the company file path and make sure that the file path is trying to locate the company file is the same as the company file location on the product information screen.
- For this, you need to run QuickBooks and press F2 to open the Product Information window.
In case if your company file is located on a network then you need to follow the below-mentioned steps in order to resolve the error code 16638 85757:
- Go to the folder where the company file is located on the network drive.
- Copy that company file and paste it on a local drive.
- Repair your online banking function in which you get the error.
If the error still persists then it means that the company file is damaged.
How To Verify The Company File?
QuickBooks comes with a utility feature that helps you in checking the damage in your company files. You are recommended to perform the verification of the company file regularly. To verify the company file, you need to follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Open QuickBooks
- Go to File > Utilities > Verify Data
- Now the verification process will begin. If there is an issue in your company file, it will be displayed on your screen
- In case is there are no errors, then the verification process finishes itself and won’t show any errors.
- Just click on OK if there no issue found.
- In case if there are some errors found then you will be shown a warning message on your screen and you will also be provided the process to fix it.
Now, you need to use the Rebuild Data feature to resolve the company file issue and then you will be able to use the QuickBooks software without any hindrance.
Technical Support For QuickBooks
If the QuickBooks Error Code 16638 85757 is still around and if you are still not able to use the QuickBooks software then you need to get in touch with the technical support team of Solveaccountingerror.com by dialing the toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1866-656-1012 to get instant support for all your issues related to the QuickBooks software.
Submit your review