Are you in a state of confusion about the compatibility of your system with the latest security protocols? Well, you have landed on the right page as this article will provide you the in-depth analysis of TLS 1.2 security and how it affects system requirements for QuickBooks Desktop.
TLS 1.2 is a high-tech internet security protocol that is essential to protect your data that you enter in the Desktop version. It helps you to increase the security and stability to your QuickBooks and the database. All the connections used by QuickBooks to reach out to the Intuit Services have to meet some minimum requirements. If it doesn’t happen then you may have to face some limitations and some of them are as follow:
- All connected services such as payroll, payments, online banking etc.
- QuickBooks Desktop activation on a new computer
- Password reset tool
- Services that require Intuit account credentials (One Intuit Identity – OII) such as My apps, secure webmail, contributed reports etc.
- Intuit Data Protect (IDP)
- Help pages
- Ordering checks and supplies
If you are not sure about the system requirements then you can use the TLS 1.2 Readiness tool. This tool automatically updates your system to become TLS 1.2 compliant provided it meets all Windows Operating System, Internet Explorer and .NET requirements mentioned below:
To prevent yourself from issues, you have to make sure that the following requirements are meeting and the QuickBooks software is updated to the latest version.
The TLS 1.2 Supports Windows 7 or later versions. Appropriate operating systems include:
- Windows 7
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 10
- Windows Server 2008 R2
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Windows Server 2016
Go to the official website of Intuit to get the information and guidance to upgrade your operating system.
There are various Internet browsers that can be used to browse internet but QuickBooks uses the features of Internet Explorer. For best results, install the latest version Internet Explorer which is IE 11.
- Close QuickBooks Desktop.
- Upgrade to IE 11.
- Reopen QuickBooks Desktop.
You need to install .NET version 4.5.2 or later.
- Navigate to the official website of Microsoft and download the .NET Framework
- Begin the installation and follow the steps provided on your screen.
- Restart your system once the installation finishes.
Resolve TLS 1.2 Error
Sometimes, you may face some issues with the TLS 1.2. But there are various efforts have been made by the Intuit to resolve the TLS issues. If you are facing issues in TLS 1.2 or any other issue in the QuickBooks software then you need to get in touch with our technical support team instantly. To contact our certified ProAdvisors, you need to dial the toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1866-656-1012.
Submit your review